Machining with MQL
Machining with flood coolant
Coolubes polar molecules have opposing charges at each end. This causes Coolube® molecules to align and create strong bonds.
Metal Working Fluid
Used to lubricate and cool metalworking machining operations, Unist metal working fluid is on the leading edge of metal metal working fluid technology. Studies have shown the 100% biodegradable Coolube® metal working fluid is an ideal metal working fluid:
- Polar properties of Coolube® metal working fluid creates a strong and consistent bond between Coolube® and metallic surfaces, creating an even, strong and durable layer of lubrication
- Coolube® metal working fluid reduces friction 50% better than typical metal working fluids, preventing heat buildup and resulting in longer tool life and a superior finish
- Coolube® metal working fluid is non-toxic
- Coolube® metal working fluid is one of the most cost-effective metal metal working fluids available, requiring only one ounce per shift
How is Coolube® metal working fluid safer for the environment?
Coolube® metal working fluid is safer for the environment and the shop. Its 100% biodegradable, non-toxic formula is plant-based, making it easier than ever for manufactures to "go green" starting with their metal working fluids. And Coolube® won't cause dermatitis, creating a safer work environment.
High-Quality Coolube® Metal Working Fluid
The high-quality Coolube® metal working fluid is applied in minute amounts directly to the cutting tool/work piece interface, in place of using traditional flood coolants, reducing the amount of metal working fluid required per use. Coolube® metal working fluid eliminates the need for coolant treatment and disposal.
An Ideal Metal Working Fluid for Machining Operations
Coolube® metal working fluid will evenly adheres to the surface of tools, providing a thin, low friction barrier between the cutting tool and work piece.
Coolube® Metal Working Fluid Available as Liquid or Paste
- Now available in a liquid or paste, Coolube® metal working fluid is available in three formulas:
- Coolube 2210 for metals, wood, rubber, & most plastics. Especially effective on aluminum and other non-ferrous metals.
- Coolube® 2210EP is specially formulated for use with ferrous metals. Also works with all non-ferrous metals except copper.
- Coolube Solid is formulated for use with ferrous metals. Also works with all non-ferrous metals except copper.
Since 1957, Innovative Solutions for Machining Operations
Since 1957, Unist has been providing innovative solutions for machining operations, developing lubrication systems and lubricants designed to be effective and environmentally friendly. Based in Grand Rapids, MI, Unist is a manufacturer of:
- Standard Lubrication Systems
- Custom Lubrication Systems
- Coolant Systems
- Metal Working Fluid and Lubricants
- Lubricant System Parts
Minimum Quantity Lubrication MQL
Unist adheres to Minimum Quantity Lubrication MQL standards, applying minute amounts of high-quality metal working fluid in place of flood coolants. Metal Working Fluid manufactured by Unist are plant-based and 100% biodegradable.
Call Unist today to order, or sign up for our 30-Day On-Site Trial.